Thursday, December 16, 2004

Gauge? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Gauge...

My, my....been awhile since I posted. I would like to say I've been on vacation or something...but the truth is much more boring. Busy with work, children, holiday events...that kind of torture, I mean, stuff.

Did you see the Rogue Norma knit for her daughter? Well...it's wonderful. Then, Norma had to go on and on about how great the pattern was....and that was all it took to push me over the edge into Rogue frenzy. Bought the pattern, ordered the yarn I wanted. I've tried a swatch on #5 needles. Got 9 stitches to the inch. Only need 4.5 stitches per inch. Now...most of you would say, "so, go up to #10s, obviously".

Umm....well, yeah you could do it that way I guess. I just thought it would be more fun to make another gauge swatch on size 8 needles to see if it would make 4.5 spi.

Guess what? Didn't work. At that point, I said "Duh! Lisa, you are a moron." In my defense, I have been sleeping very little. Like, going to bed at 11 pm and waking up at 3:45 am unable to go back to sleep. Sleep deprivation does not a quick thinker make.

More later. I think. If I can stay awake...

No comments: