Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Impluse Purchase...

I spent my lunch hour at B&N....air conditioning, comfy chairs, and coffee...what more could a girl ask for? I knit away on a mohair scarf in Kid Silk Haze (Yes, I know I didn't mention this one on the list....what's your point?).

I was thinking how I could tell my sweetie "I didn't buy yarn today!!" This is an accomplishment, believe me. In fact, last night I said "I didn't buy any yarn today!" She looked at me. "I didn't buy any yarn on Ebay! I didn't buy any yarn on the internet! I didn't even buy any yarn at Gossamer!" Like a puppy who has pottied in the right place finally, I was pretty pleased with myself.

Leaving B&N, I saw this. It leapt into my hands, dragged me to the checkout stand, and then shamelessly unwrapped itself in the car before I could think, making me 5 minutes late back from lunch, no less.

Well, I can still say I didn't buy yarn today, right? Hmm. It's 1:55 p.m. Gossamer closes at 4:30....

1 comment:

Sahara said...

I *did* go to LYS....I knit....I talked...but I didn't buy any yarn! I was able to honestly say, "I didn't buy any yarn today!"