Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Impluse Purchase...

I spent my lunch hour at B&N....air conditioning, comfy chairs, and coffee...what more could a girl ask for? I knit away on a mohair scarf in Kid Silk Haze (Yes, I know I didn't mention this one on the list....what's your point?).

I was thinking how I could tell my sweetie "I didn't buy yarn today!!" This is an accomplishment, believe me. In fact, last night I said "I didn't buy any yarn today!" She looked at me. "I didn't buy any yarn on Ebay! I didn't buy any yarn on the internet! I didn't even buy any yarn at Gossamer!" Like a puppy who has pottied in the right place finally, I was pretty pleased with myself.

Leaving B&N, I saw this. It leapt into my hands, dragged me to the checkout stand, and then shamelessly unwrapped itself in the car before I could think, making me 5 minutes late back from lunch, no less.

Well, I can still say I didn't buy yarn today, right? Hmm. It's 1:55 p.m. Gossamer closes at 4:30....

4 comments:

Robbyn said...

Hey Lisa - Welcome to the blog-world :) You just HAD to post about that calendar, didn't you? Now I'm not going to be happy until I find it and see what it's all about. And it's all your fault :)

Knitti-me said...

Woo Hoo! You took the plunge! Welcome! Now we'll have to pass the hat to take up a collection for a digital camera. Covert blogging from work is quite an art; I did it for almost a year before I got a home computer.

Carine said...

Well!? Did you go to the LYS? Were you able to look at Em straight in the eyes and say those words,"I did not buy ANY yarn today."

Sahara said...

I *did* go to LYS....I knit....I talked...but I didn't buy any yarn! I was able to honestly say, "I didn't buy any yarn today!"