This will be arriving on my doorstep soon. What will I do with it? I have no clue, but obviously, the yarn is so gorgeous that it will look good no matter what!
I got it from Jenny at Bees-Knees Knitting on Ebay. Marie, over at Knitti-Me clued me in to this great seller…by the way, have you seen her scarves?? Wowza!
- Row 35 on my first Booga Bag. I know, I know…..late to the party. Everyone who was "anyone" has already done this right? Well, what can I say, I’m a late bloomer!
- Almost half through my fourth skein of Manos for the Pashmina/Stole Thing (now its official name). Thinking I am going to need to add on another for fringe…it’s just not going to be quite long enough without it.
- Stalled on the Kidsilk Haze feather and fan scarf…don’t ask.
- Chomping at the bit to start the DQ1, DQ2, and DQ3 ponchos, as well as my own poncho….Hey, did I tell you I have ponchoitis or what?
- Checked Knit One Felt Too out from the library….in love with the felted mittens…but, you know, the problem with this is you’re supposed to make two…and I have a short attention span!
So….have I mentioned I belly dance? Yup. I got bit by the belly dance bug in the early 80’s.
My step-mother ran a craft store in La Pine, Oregon. One day, a lady came in a bought a large selection of beads. My step-mother asked what she was making and the lady replied that she was a belly dancer and was making a new costume. Thoroughly intrigued, my step-mom asked if she could get enough students for a class, would she teach them? They needed one more for the class….so I got dragged along. At first, it was a big joke…but by the end of the first class I was hooked.
Fast forward 20 years later….I teach two classes, a beginner and an intermediate/advanced class and started my own Troupe "Sahara’s Dream" this year.
I’ve been invited to perform in Eugene August 27, for a show with live music with Americanistan. I’m excited, nervous, and ……unprepared! My costume isn’t done…which surprises no one who knows me!
I’ll keep you posted on that one…if I fall on my face or make it through okay. Might even post a picture…cringe. I am not a Barbie doll. Let’s leave it to that.
Lastly, today we have to put our dog, Fawn, to sleep. She has become aggressive and bitten neighborhood children one too many times. People think "oh my, aggressive dog!" and picture a snarling, frothing-at-the-mouth beast….but that’s not Fawn. She is loving and sweet to her family….but something just seems to snap with she is faced with small children or other small dogs. We searched for a no-kill shelter as far as Utah and none of the appropriate ones have an opening. It seems the only option left, and it is breaking everyone’s heart in our house. I firmly believe her spirit will not end today, but be released to join the Universe and perhaps continue on to learn more about living in the world with other beings.
If you have a dog or kitty…give them an extra love today in honor of Fawn.
**DQs are my lovely children, the Drama Queens. DQ1, Mary, 18 and just now living on her own, DQ2, Kayla, 16 next week, DQ3, Michelle, 10 going on 13…., and DQ4, Michael, my 8-year-old son.