I have had such fun reading these on other’s blogs, and now it’s my turn. Be posting next week, and yes, yes….I am working on pictures! :)
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
What I prefer and what I can afford are two different things! Actually, I don’t really consider myself a yarn snob. I like to support my LYS and I like nice yarn. However, I am happy to use acrylic when the occasion fits, like making something for one of the Drama Queens that would need to be washed frequently and wear like iron. That said, I don’t particularly care for Red Heart. It feels *gross*. :-D
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No on the spinning, tho it makes me drool to think of it! Frankly, I can’t imagine where I would find the time. I am capable of crochet, but just don’t care for it much – either the process or the finished product.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to some cats and have reactions to strong perfume and no longer wear any myself. Seems as soon as I find one I like it begins to make my eyes water and nose run within a few days.
4. How long have you been knitting?
About 18 months.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Polymer clay, sewing, quilting, painting, collage, calligraphy, not that I have had a lot of time for any of those since I learned to knit. Knittings portability is a huge bonus for me.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if you want to make her a CD)
No to the MP3 thing. I do have CD/tape capability. I love music, with the exception of Country/Country & Western. Blech.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
That’s a hard one… blues, teals, greens….raspberry, purple…peaches and golds….I guess if we had to nail down one it would be teal.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Partnered, quite happily by the way, to Emily for almost 4 years. Drama Queens in residence: Kayla 16, Michelle 10, and Michael 8. Mary is not in residence, but has retained her Drama Queen status. One dog, Kita, a purebred black lab. One guinea pig, Smore.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
uh…..talk to me another day. This one just boggles my mind today.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Welllll….I love soft, colorful yarn. I love alpaca, but I really like wool too. Oh, and cotton is nice….who can pick for pity’s sake?14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Haven’t found one yet!
15 What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Ponchos, lace, always socks….
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves, they are quick, fun and you don’t need 15 balls of yarn to make one!
17. What are you knitting right now?
Ponchos… a mohair scarf…hats…
18. What do you think about ponchos? (this is really a curiosity question for us)
See above…I have ponchoitis!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I prefer circs, but use straight needles too.
20. How did you learn to knit?
Taught myself from a Lion Brand kit, books, internet….
21. How old is your oldest UFO?
Well, I’ve been knitting for about 18 months, so I would say….16 months. J Likely to never be finished, either.