Thursday, February 09, 2006

No Knitting...Still

Busy, Busy and then...busy. Haven't knit a stitch in a few days. Makes me very cranky.

What have I been doing?

Working...a lot.

Helping Jodie get her ducks in a row for her candle business...making business cards, various flyers and handouts, etc.

Actually watched a DVD this week, when I had a few spare moments - "Crash". Now...my coworker went on and on about what a great movie this was...and don't get me wrong, it is a great movie...but it is also VERY INTENSE. This is not a "let your hair down after a shitty day" movie. Just before watching this movie, Jodie's car died in the middle of the street (fuel pump kicked the bucket). The same day, the landlord told us they are considering either raising the rent, or selling the home. Either way, I'm screwed there. The SAME afternoon...19yo daughter lands back into the nest...broke...trailing trauma drama all over the place.

So we watch this movie...and not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but when the little girl runs out to leap on her Daddy to protect him...Both of us screamed "NO!" at the top of our lungs and burst into tears. We just couldn't take it.

Through her tears, Jodie turns to me and says "I want you to kick *coworkers* ass all over the place for telling us to see this movie!!!"

Olympics are coming, and I'm waffling. I am not feeling the love for the naturwolle. I keep reminding myself, this is NOT for me, I didn't choose it, I don't have to like it. Maybe, in fact, this is the only way this sweater will ever be knit...under pressure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same reaction to the little girl scene. Very intense movie...

Take a deep breath...

Chris said...

Breathe in, breathe out... Why does everything always attack at once?!

Re: Olympics - I guess just abandon yourself to the process and go go go go go!