Wednesday, August 10, 2005

If I Could Just Make Up My Mind....

Following the decision to rip the too-soft silk/merino Branching Out....I took my trusty 365 Day Perpetual Calender of Knitting Stitches (or whatever it's called, I left it at home...) and sat with my Knit Picks Shimmer laceweight and played with a few patterns.

Didn't like anything. I have a hard time envisioning a fabric knit up in a different yarn than pictured. None of the patterns are pictured in laceweight....so I played. Even tho it was not necessarily a successful venture as far as finding a pattern I wanted to follow...it was fun. I enjoyed playing with the yarn itself...in fact, I am quite smitten with it. I love the feel (silk/alpaca blend), I love the color (blue/green heathery look)...

So I brought it along to work this a.m. and since I got here 10 minutes early....cast on for another Branching Out. What is it with this pattern? I usually get bored really quick.....and I do mean, really quick. But I want to make another...so...here goes. It will be vastly different that the previous one I knit in Silky Wool....but I am pleasantly curious as to what the fabric will turn out with this yarn. If it works...hooray. If it doesn't.....oh well. That's the lovely thing about yarn....just take it off the needles and wind it back on the ball.

Yearning for more yarn from Knit Picks....especially since they have many new styles. But...still working on that whole notion of behaving like an adult and not just getting it cause I want it.

So far so good. One day at a time, regardless of what kind of addict one is, aye?

No comments: