Thursday, January 06, 2005

Am I Stealing Bandwidth??

You know, I sit at a computer all day long....I type really fast....But I know squat about computers and the way they function. It's just magic to me, pure and simple.

I got to worrying....You know, like there is nothing else in the world to worry 'bout....That I am inadvertently stealing bandwidth when I link to something. I was surfing around the Knitblog Kingdom (great phrase, thanks to Chelsea), when I ran across this site about stealing bandwidth. I read the information...And frankly still don't get whether I am guilty or not. When I link, I use the "hyperlink" button on blogger. Does that tell you anything?? Anyone know anything?? At all?? About this issue????

Cripes...Like I need more guilt...

I'd rather be guilty for something fun, like buying more yarn......

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Linking isn't stealing bandwidth. Displaying a picture on your site that is hosted (saved) on someone else's site is stealing bandwidth. I can explain further if you want, but that's the short and reassuring answer. =)

Sahara said...

Thanks Shannon! I think I actually understand your answer...which is probably frightening in itself... Thanks for stopping by!

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Lisa:
I've often worried about that "bandwidth" thing as well. I AM NOT technically inclined and considered myself a genius when I started my blog with Blogger. Read some of your entries and you kinda remind me of me. Now I know who "Lisa in Oregon" is.

Knit On