- I have liked it immensely ever since I first saw it over at ChicKnits.
- It would be something new and different for me to knit.
- If I made it for my 16yo, it wouldn't take much time/yarn since she is quite slender.
- If I make it for myself I could have another sweater for work, which I can always use, what with the air conditioning being perpetually on....
- Elann is going to have new stock of the really fun colors of Highland wool tomorrow, and the price is really reasonable.
Reasons I should just look the other way....
- I would have to buy yarn for it.
- If I make it for Kayla, I break my "this year I am knitting only for myself" promise.
- If I make it for myself...it will take, ahem, quite a bit of yarn...
- It's knit flat and you know how I feel about THAT!
- I don't honestly know what it would look like on a short, "fluffy" woman.
- The rib part that I like so much...could actually bore me to tears, especially if knit flat.
Okay...I've convinced myself. No Ribby at this time. However, I am definitely in a cable frenzy...and have several patterns I could whip out...Hmmm.
Speaking of cables...I decided I would treat myself to a subscription to "Twists and Turns" the cable newsletter I have frequently looked at from the Knitty site. Well....talk about fast service! I believe I subscribed Friday...and yesterday I got the Winter 2004 issue in the mail! Now that was quick!