Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Knitting, knitting, knitting

Cast on and finished last night: Set of wrist warmers for 9 yo son. Cast on 40 stitches, did 2 x 2 rib for 5 inches, 6 rows of 1 x 1 rib. Tonight I'll sew them up like the Irish Hiking Mitts and voila, mitts for boy. Used a rusty brown colored Wool Ease...worked well. Interesting to note that this color of Wool Ease is thicker than the Cream Wool Ease I tried for the Panta. I'm just saying...it's thicker, really.

Cast on and finished one Irish Hiking Mitt in Dark Green Woolie Wash yarn for Jodie (she doesn't read the blog much so I'm safe in saying so, I believe....if I'm mistaken and she's reading, oh well....), just needs sewing up, and the second one is about 1/4 done.

I love the pattern for the mitts, serious love it. I can knit it while watching TV which is a big deal...I usually can't have much distraction going on at all....

Less than an hour to my followup appointment for my sleep study. It will be what it will be, aye?

Have you been over to see the Yarn Harlot lately? What a ruckus ensued...Jodie works at a Large Northwest Retailer...which has instructed it's employees to please say "Happy Holidays!" to customers. You would not believe the people who rag all over her for it. Please folks, be kind to your grocery clerk!

No comments: